Olivia K. Marr, Partner
Olivia K. Marr represents developers, land owners, investors and municipal governments in all aspects of real estate, land use and entitlements matters, including the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Subdivision Map Act, and Planning and Zoning Law compliance, development agreements, due diligence review, and transactional issues. She has extensive experience in the navigation of land use regulations and obtaining entitlements for a wide range of projects, from urban infill, to residential and mixed-use Master Planned Communities.
Ms. Marr’s work has focused on compliance with land use laws and regulations at the state and local levels, with particular emphasis on California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance and the preparation of Environmental Impact Reports and related documents.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Marr was an associate at the downtown Los Angeles office of Paul Hastings and it was there that Ms. Marr gained significant experience in the planning and implementation of all necessary steps involved in guiding development projects from original design to completion, including challenges to project approvals.
- Representation of national developer in the planning and entitlement of a former military base as a master planned community with 3,600 residential units and 6.5 million square feet of industrial, commercial and retail space, including CEQA compliance and review of environmental impact reports, preparation of entitlement applications, and participation in public hearings.
- Representation of national developer in the redevelopment of a prominent Northern California location with residential, commercial, retail, research and development and mixed uses, and an area set aside for a new professional football stadium, including CEQA compliance and assistance in planning and permitting activities.
- Representation of international company in the redevelopment of the Wilshire Grand Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, including CEQA compliance through assistance in the preparation of an EIR and preparation of findings and comment letter responses.
- Representation of a museum with an expansion and modification of a conditional use permit, including substantial negotiations with the local community and CEQA compliance.
(805) 966-7199 DIRECT
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Laguna Blanca School Alumni Representative
- Courthouse Legacy Foundation, Board Member
- Coastal Housing Coalition, Vice President
- California Women Lawyers (CWL), Member
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers (SBWL), Member
- UCLA School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A. Economics, B.A. Environmental Studies, 2001