Teresa M. Martinez, Attorney
Teresa Martinez is an attorney at Buynak, Fauver, Archbald & Spray, specializing in estate, business and tax planning. As your trusted advisor, Ms. Martinez takes the time to get to know you, your family, and your business so that she may provide you with the guidance and care specific to your goals. She is dedicated to helping you protect what you have worked so hard to build so that your legacy and your business ventures will continue to thrive.
Ms. Martinez works with businesses of all sizes and at all stages, from start up to mergers, acquisitions and sales. Ms. Martinez also serves as General Counsel to businesses advising you on all matters relating to your business so that you can make informed legal decisions. She provides assistance in areas such as entity formation, contract negotiations and review, employment matters, intellectual property, business succession planning, and dispute resolution.
Ms. Martinez’s intimate knowledge of your business and its industry allows her to identify potential issues in order to avoid them. Her proactive approach to business planning and monitoring allows you to focus on your business knowing that you have taken the steps to protect yourself from unnecessary liabilities.
ESTATE PLANNING AND PROBATE
Ms. Martinez’s estate planning practice focuses on wealth transfer, tax strategies, and probate avoidance. Ms. Martinez is dedicated to providing a pro-active approach to legal planning in order to avoid the crisis that often times arises without proper estate planning in place. Her client-centered approach ensures that your plan is specifically tailored to you and your family’s needs.
Ms. Martinez also provides support to successor trustees through the trust administration process and probate administrations for estates of decedents.
Ms. Martinez also takes the time to make sure that your minor children are protected if something were to happen to you. Many estate plans only focus on naming long-term guardians in a will without even thinking about what happens to your children for the short-term. Ms. Martinez’s knowledge in this area is invaluable when protecting your most important assets – your children.
- Successfully represented clients in front of federal, state, and local administrative agencies
- Conducted audits of businesses for adherence to complex regulatory systems, such as securities regulations and federal entitlement programs, and advised on best practices for compliance; provided legal support though an IRS Audit.
- Settled a lawsuit brought under the Private Attorney Generals Act resulting in potential liability for a small business owner valued at over $500,000 for wage and hour violations
- Counseled clients in general business matters including entity formation, trademark filing and infringement issues, drafted employee handbooks, policies, and disciplinary and grievance procedures to protect employers from litigation
- Administration of trust estates with a focus toward avoiding beneficiary contests and expediting distributions.
- Advised clients on estate planning issues including the creation of living trusts, wills, advance health care directives, and other estate preservation strategies
- Assisted clients to achieve court appointment as the Administrator of a decedent’s estate and represented them through the probate process
- Ensured that clients’ minor children are taken care of by the people they would want in the way they would want through proper estate planning
- Tax planning of estates so that successive generations will have the benefit of the family’s wealth, with a minimal estate and gift impact.
(805) 966-7599 DIRECT
- William Gordon Inn of Court – Executive Board
- SCORE – Counselor
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Cincinnati, College of Law